Gin lovers paradise!
Love Gin and Tonic? Maynooth is the place to be this week as the town brings a Gin Festival of events to the streets and bars. The bars taking part are Picaderos, O’Neill’s Steakhouse & Bar, Oak Alley Bar & Restaurant, Avenue Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Glenroyal Hotel, Duke and the Coachman and The Roost. Making sure that there is no doubt this will be a gin packed roster of entertainment.
Fever-Tree Tonic Masterclass
Hendricks G&Tea Party
Tickets are limited to book soon to avoid disappointment!
If you love your gin but haven’t yet sampled some of the quality craft Irish gins on offer, then you need to book yourself into one of the many masterclasses and tastings in each of the masterclasses and tastings. Check out their page here for more info: https://www.facebook.com/Maynoothginandtonicfestival/
Make a full day out of it with your friends or head down after work, the fun will be on throughout the night. Most events start at 6pm, but the bar will be open for food well before so you can plan ahead.
Fever-Tree Masterclass 1st July 4pm
As well as the various classes, I’ll be teaming up with Fever-Tree Ireland and hosting a Fever-tree Master class with Irish gins in O’Neills bar, showing you the best tonic to suit the gin you wish to have. This is a very important lesson as the tonic is 75% of your drink, I’ll be in O’Neills from 6pm, so pop in and have a drink with me!
Gins I’ll be paring and experimenting with are:
- Old Carrick Mill, a classic Irish gin from Monaghan that uses a range of botanicals, pairs great with pears and blueberries.
- Listoke Irish Gin, a gin with charm which hails from Drogheda, goes great with a certain tonic, but we wont say yet! Garnish with a zest of orange for that perfect first taste.
- Concullin Irish Gin, a fine gin from the land of Mayo, a fine mix of botanicals that blend perfectly to make a refreshing beverage!
- Hendricks, This Scottish heavyweight needd no introduction!
- Black Tomato Gin, a very intriguing gin, in which ts base spirit s made form the black tomato, its come all the way from the Netherlands to be tasted by you!
Snacks and fruit skewers will be available on the night to cmpliment the gins, tickets are €25 each, see their page for details!
See the full roster of events below:
Call into any of the venues for tickets!